http://schoollibrarylearning2.csla.net/2007/02/23-things_27.html
3. Set up your own blog , add your first post, add an avatar.
![]() |
| Avatar: Literally. How could I resist. |
4. Register your blog and begin your Learning 2.0 journey.
My first impression of a blog is an online diary. It is in a way, but the posts can be anything, not just your thoughts. For example, the LIS associations and bloggers we have been following post articles. This makes the blog like a newspaper. And the added benefit is that the publishing is instant. Wow what would they have said in the 16th century! Plus blogging makes anyone a "journalist." This has huge social implications. Just look at the social media's part of the current Egyptian revolution.
Now I am beginning to see this form of expression as a Web 2.0, where information flows both ways, not one way, like the media was in then past.
5. Photos & Images Explore Flickr and learn about this popular image hosting site. Flickr is certainly the best site on the web to find photos on a keyword. It is the best place on the web to show off your photo whether it be a vacation slide, or a model shoot.
Just look above and there is the photo I downloaded from Flickr. I am hoping since this is an educational endeavor, I am not violating any copyright laws. Flickr is great because you can practically find any type of photograph, or even photo-textures. Many of the pictures are from professional photographers, so you can find high quality images. Like I mentioned before many of the images do have a copyright, so be careful when using.

No comments:
Post a Comment