Thursday, February 3, 2011

6. Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites

6. Have some Flickr fun and discover some Flickr mashups & 3rd party sites.
I have to find out what all this mashup is about!
 Mappr - takes Flickr images and allows you to paste them on a map.  Mappr seems to have merged, and no longer works.  I personally like Google Earth best.  Not only can you zoom and rotate around the world, but you can see street views in a virtual reality.  
Ground level view of my N.M. desert retirement land.


 Flickr Color Pickr - lets you find public photos in Flickr that match a specific color.

This site is really interesting, especially to artists.  You pick a color on a gradient scale, and photos of random objects pop all in that color.  It's practical uses are limited but for creative projects I can see where this tool would add to layout.
Cool Blue

 Montagr – create a photo mosaics from photos found on Flickr.

Discover more mashupsweb apps, and Flickr tools.
I tried making a mosaic from my own photo, but was not able.  Montages and Mosaics are multiple photos on the same "keyword."  Sometimes tiny photos create an illusion of a larger photo.  These are good for design and making posters.  My favorite site was Montage-a-google
keyword "saluki" (dog breed)

No comments:

Post a Comment